Friday, December 3, 2010

10 interesting things I've noticed so far on Adventure day #3 in Santa Fe.

1. people in general are not as "smiley" or nice (note: read Aug 31 review from link) as in the south, however,
2. customer service has been excellent every where I've gone! (interesting)
3. it's hard to find stores because everything is made out of Adobe (including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc.), they all look the same!!
4. it's awesome to drive down the road and look up and see some pretty amazing views of mountains all around.
5. new people I've met have generally been very friendly and welcoming :) hooray!
6. There are more Trader Joe's/Whole Foods/Natural Grocers around Santa Fe than Walmarts (5:1 I believe!)
7. the temperature can be in the low 50s or even 40s and you can walk outside and get hit by the sun and wished you were wearing shorts and a t-shirt!
8. my car doesn't get as good gas mileage as it did down south because of the elevation change.
9. I've sneezed very frequently since moving here...must be the change in climate
10. we've got some great trails straight out behind our condo, I even got lost on my first treck out there!

ps- Jack surprised me with an early 5 year(!!!) anniversary gift! A new Canon EOS 60D dslr camera! Very cool. So here are a few pictures I took around town today just to show you why it can be difficult to find different stores!

*Never mind about the never mind about the pictures. Jack is fantastically brilliant and figured out how to use the handy "export" option in Picasa to resize pictures.  Enjoy!

 View from the back of the condo on a snowy day!

The original Best Buy and Target's ever, from the Native American tribe of "Shopalotahoe"

No comments: