Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa Fe = Holy Faith

Looking back over the past year, December 2009 until December 2010, I'd say my faith has been on a roller coaster ride. I'm sure most of us have heard the saying, in your spiritual life you will have peaks and valleys, and I agree with that, but sometimes, those valleys can be so low, so dark, so horrible, it makes you question if 1) you really have a peak in the future and 2) whether you really had any faith at all. Welcome to my last year. I careened down into a valley that was so dark, disgusting, and discouraging I questioned if I could even possibly have had a relationship with the Lord and could easily have pictured myself lost in that dark valley forever. Praise God that in his infinite wisdom and sovereignty he gave me a gracious, kind, patient, and loving husband, family and friends who spoke truth into my life, brought light and life back into my heart and spurred me on to the next step in my faith. I was challenged, oh was I challenged, to root out sin in my life. To root out the lies that were so easily taking over my heart and my mind. I was prayed for, thankful for people who take prayer so seriously, because it works!! I am living proof of the power of prayer. No way in my own strength or determination could I have turned my back on the ugliness that was engulfing my life. It was the power of the Lord and his willingness to answer prayers that my life took a turn for the better. Now I am humbly with my wonderful husband and striving to walk ever closer with the Lord. Learning how to fall madly in love with Him in order to be a godly wife who loves, honors and respects her husband. Do I fail? Heck yeah. Do I fight, argue, get angry, pout and act selfishly? On too many occasions. Do I know the power of forgiveness and deep, unconditional love? You better believe it! Oh so deeply thankful for a godly husband who's deepest desire is to walk humbly with the Lord and show his wife grace and the love that Christ shows the church on a daily basis. Thankful to be living in Santa Fe...Holy Faith. Seems fitting. :)

I am oh so looking forward to this Christmas season. It feels like a fresh start on life. It is WONDERFUL!
via
We are also approaching our 5 year anniversary!! I nearly blew our marriage but PRAISE GOD He didn't have failure in our marriage's plan! Words can NOT express my humbleness and gratitude for the salvation of our marriage.
via

3 comments:

cashmoney said...

we are praising God with you! We miss you a lot back here in Raleigh; but we could not be more thankful for the reason that the Lord has taken you away. Lots of love...

Becky said...

Thank you! Definitely miss Raleigh and all the friends but it's going really well out here! See you on the 2nd if y'all are at Harvest!!

Tricia F said...

Becky, I'm so sad you had such a hard year, but I'm praising God with you for His rescue of your heart! Thanks for letting me into your story. Oh, and Happy Birthday!