Wednesday, January 26, 2011

For Kicks and Giggles

So I went up to the hill today to get a few runs in. It was COLD! This was the first time that my feet actually felt cold. My hands were icy almost the whole time I was there but it was still fun. I attempted to video myself going down a green. Didn't feel like I was good enough to attempt it on a blue yet, maybe another time. If you're able to watch the video I warn you...you could possibly get motion sickness...I had that camera going all which a way! Forgive me :) Also, there were a couple things I said on there that are pretty hard to hear being: 1) oh bumpy! (near the beginning of the video) 2) there's a black (when I turn the camera to the right thinking I'm showing you a run to my right, oops, all you get are trees) 3) merging! (as I go zinging out into a wider area of the run) 4) pretty view, hope you can see it, not sure 5) I fell here last time...I think that's about the only things I said. Things of note...the guy that I pass that is going up the mountain was cross country skiing up the mountain in order to ski down it. The hill lets you go for free if you don't use the lift, so if you can hike to the top you can go down for free...in my opinion, that's just too much work! :) Maybe next time I should come up with a way to keep the camera attached to my body instead of holding on to it and letting it move wildly about as I go down the hill :) Like I said, it's pretty rough to watch so...view at your own risk! :)





And because I've felt my creative side stirring (if you know me at all, you know my creative side is about the size of the tip of a strand of hair) I got my drawing on...notice how the thing I'm drawing is nicely blurred in this picture? Yeah, that's on purpose :)

From the looks of this, I need to use orange more often :)

8 comments:

Julie said...

it's not that shaky! Very amusing! and you didn't even fall, haha! :)

ALINNA said...

becky! i love this and it makes me miss you a lot! daniel and i just watched it together, and i had a giggle a few times, but especially at your little thumbs up at the end. :) i wonder if anyone saw you going down with a camera and thought aw that girl is so cute/funny! :) i can't believe you didn't fall the whole time, and i love the video because it gives a glimpse of the beautiful blue sky and how pretty it is there. i am going to call you during ruby's nap time tomorrow, so hopefully you'll be free!

SoccerDave said...

Thanks for posting the video Becky. You are doing great. Cant wait till i get to go down those slopes with you guys. I'm super impressed at how well you are doing, keep it up.

Sarah said...

How awesome!! I want to go skiing! I realize you're snowboarding, but don't think I'm that coordinated. :)

Kara @ Just1Step said...

Dave and I watched the video together...you're funny. :) Love the picture of your pencils, too!

Kara @ Just1Step said...

PS You're special. My husband doesn't comment on MY blog.

Becky said...

Kara, thanks! Funny thing, my husband doesn't comment on MY blog either! Hope y'all are doing well. Like your new blog/layout!

Mary said...

necesitan cascos mi amiga