Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Goals set...Goals achieved!!

This is mainly for my remembrance more than anything else. Today I headed up to the ski hill to try a few runs by myself. Jack is far better than I am going down the mountain (meaning: no falls, faster, more control, etc) so I figured since I'm not working quite yet (still be praying for that, my prayer warriors, I would really like to get a job some time in near future) I might as well take advantage of the hill since it is only 18 miles from our condo. I had 3 goals for today's run:
1. try a Blue at least once (I've been sticking with the greens because they are easier)
2. get off the ski lift without falling (so tired of crashing and burning every time I got off, it's embarrassing, or not really, but still...)
3. make it down the mountain without falling (because c'mon...who wants to fall?)

Happy to say that I accomplished all 3 of my goals! Woohoo! I felt like I was in a lot better control of myself on the board this time around. I tried a blue 4 times, if I remember correctly, and only fell twice on them. Yay! Improvement. Also, after crashing the first time I got off the ski lift I never fell again after that. Maybe it was because the lift operator and I made a bet about it. :) And I thankfully made it down the mountain multiple times with NO falls! Yay! Save the tushy.




It was nice to get out of the house for a little bit (about 3 hours) and do something active. I had a really hard day yesterday with feelings of loneliness, isolation, boredom, sadness and was down right pitying myself. Thankfully Jack decided I needed to get out of the house so instead of letting me cook dinner (which I was more than willing to do) he took me out to a new restaurant for us and let me pick! It's a place right next to our grocery store that I see every time I go there and have always been intrigued by it. It's called Jinja and it is a very yummy Asian restaurant. We enjoyed some pot stickers for an appetizer (haven't had those in a while and they were gooood) and then I splurged on some Malay Coconut Soup, yum! We both got entrees but after my appetizer and soup I was stuffed so we boxed mine up and we both had it for lunch today. Jack had some yummy beef steak kabob thingy which tasted great! It was relaxing and encouraging going out to dinner and we were able to talk about things that we want to see grow in our personal lives and in our marriage. The biggest thing being growing in our prayer life. Jack's been reading a book on prayer lately and I'm thankful he is trying to step up and lead in that area for us. Looking forward to more concerted times of prayer and coming together to lift up our family, friends and other needs that arise.

And just for laughs :)

No comments: