Tuesday, March 1, 2011

#2 and #3

So yesterday was my older sister's 2nd wedding anniversary and today is my twin's 3rd wedding anniversary! Congratulations to both of them. Marriage is super hard work as all three of us girls have learned but fighting for and restoring and resolving to press forward in marriage is the most amazing, humbling, Christ-honoring thing! Jack and I were talking about marriage the other day and he made a really good observation. He stated, "You know Becky, marriage is so counter-human. Our nature as sinful beings is to just walk away, run, leave, etc when times get hard. I mean look at culture, if two people fight what do they do? They leave each other. They say, eh, that's too hard, what's the point in fighting for that? I'm just going to move on to the next best thing. The next easy thing. But marriage, the true, tough it out fight for it stick together through anything until death do you part, is so not what our nature wants to do. You can tell that it's totally a God thing. The picture of marriage, being the representation of how Christ loves the church, His unconditional, unfailing love that is there no matter what, is amazing, but MAN is it hard work!" (ok, so maybe I paraphrased what he said...he's way more eloquent than I am or than my memory is, haha) But I totally agreed with Jack. This was said after we had come through a particularly nasty fight/arguement (hello, we're human, of course we still do that sort of thing...ugh) and gosh, during those times it's so easy to just want to give up and walk away. BUT God gets the glory when reconciliation happens, when true forgiveness comes and when a married couple stays together. Thankful for a loving husband who has loved me graciously for the last 5+ years. Thankful for my sisters and their wonderful husbands and praying for married couples to fight hard for their marriage, because we all know that Satan just wants to destroy that picture!

Beautiful Tracy :) Feb 28, 2009

Beautiful Debbie :) Mar 1, 2008
Happy anniversary!!

1 comment:

Brian said...

that second bride is really beautiful!
i mean the first one is ok too. :)