Thursday, June 23, 2011

Colorado Trip

This past week/weekend I was able to head up to Colorado to visit my mom and her 6...yes, I said 6, sisters. It was a blast to see them and catch up and hang out. All seven  are wonderful and I always love the time I get to spend with them. There are actually 10 siblings (3 boys) but just the girls go for their annual sister trip every year. I believe this was their 5th annual trip. I was thankful to get to crash in and be a part of their fun traditions. We took a gondola ride up to the top of a mountain and it was extremely windy up there but got some great pictures. Then we headed to dinner at this fun restaurant that only served 2 main meals so we all (except for my Aunt Becky who is on a Vegan diet) got the filet mignon and it was awesome and only $8.95!!! We were shocked at the price but thankful for it! After dinner we headed back to the cabin to lounge and chit chat. Love late night talks with my aunts, they are so entertaining! Friday morning we got up and hung out around the breakfast table talking more and catching up then we got ready to head to The Royal Gorge. It was so cool!! It's this super long and high bridge that you can walk or drive across and it goes over the Arkansas River. We had a good time there and took lots of pictures. Walking across the bridge there flags for each of the 50 states so we had to take pictures in front of Texas of course. Then we took the steepest incline train down into the gorge and took pictures of the river. It was beautiful. Thankful for God's creation and getting to enjoy it with special people.

After spending Friday with the girls I said my good-byes and headed north to Fort Collins, CO to visit my good friend Ashlee. I got in fairly late but we ended up staying up talking until after 1am. It was SO good to catch up with her. She is a missionary with Campus Crusade for Christ and in August will be moving to Argentina. We were roommates in Argentina back from 2004-2005 and she was one of my bridesmaids in our wedding. So thankful for her and our friendship that has lasted these past 7 years across numerous distances which are only about to get longer! We checked out Cheyenne, WY on Saturday (Ashlee had never been to WY before) and she scored some discounted stuff at Sierra Trading Post up there and then we hung out with some Crusade friends for dinner. Sunday we went got up early and met up with our friend Florencia who was a student in the ministry in Argentina when we lived down there. She is living Fort Collins for the summer as staff for an AIA Summer Project (Athletes in Action). She is an amazing runner (training to qualify for the Olympics to represent Argentina) and she loves the Lord. She is the only staff member in Argentina to be working with athletes but she has had the opportunity to share the gospel with many well known athletes down there. So awesome! We enjoyed some coffee together (had mate the day before for about 30 minutes, yay Mate (mah-tay)) and caught up on each others lives. Then it was time for church, then lunch and then I headed home. The drive only took about 6 hrs which wasn't so bad and it sure was pretty going through Colorado.

I'm thankful for the time I had to get up there and see everyone. Jack was a trooper and hung out in NM the whole time working and playing Ultimate Frisbee. I was sure glad to get home and see him after being gone 5 days.

So have you gone on any fun trips lately? Caught up with any long lost friends? Hung out with some crazy fun family?! Let's hear it!

Lining up to get on the Tramway.

The bridge

From youngest to oldest :) Pennie, Emily, Becky, Ronda, Glenda, Correna, Karen

Mom and me on the bridge :)

The girls with the Texas flag on the bridge.

All aboard! Headed up the gondola to the top of the mountain.

It was so windy up top but so pretty, too!

Mom's  pointing out the continental divide.

Straddling the great divide!

See! I really was there!!

Aunt Glenda and I got matching hoodies because it was so cold up there!

Ashlee and I made it to Wyoming!

it was so western...


We loved all the fun boots!!!

Hanging out with Ash and Flor drinking Mate!

Kim, Ash and me before I headed back to NM. Both of these girls are moving to the Tina this year :)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

so fun bec! thanks for writing about your trip! love you!!

Kyla Marks said...

wow, your mom has so many siblings! are any twins or just one at a time. I'm trying to think about your grandma being pregnant for years lol. I loved the pics and miss you a lot.

Becky said...

Hey Kyla! Actually my mom is a twin. She has a twin brother so he wasn't on the trip. I think my mamaw was pregnant a total of 13 times and had 10 kids from 9 of those pregnancies. They were willing to have more if they could have! I love having a big family :) Miss you, too and thanks for praying for the rain!