Friday, March 16, 2012

Gulp...we turned 30!

So back in February, Debbie and I hit the big 3-0! We decided that we wanted to do something big, fun and active for our birthday. None of this we're getting old, ho-hum, so sad, cry me a river mumbo-jumbo...no way, man. Go big or go home! So big we went....on a snowboarding extravaganza to Colorado. Debbie, Brian, Dave and Mike flew out from North Carolina and Jack and I picked them up and it was off to the Lazy Bear Cabin in Pagosa Springs, CO.

The plan: 3-4 days of snowboarding, one day to hang out in town and maybe go sledding, laugh a lot, have some fun and look thirty in the face and say, "you ain't got nothin' on me!"

I think we accomplished all of that...and more! Unfortunately Jack accomplished crushing his tailbone on our sledding day but he handled it well and we all still had a great time.

30? You don't seem so bad...I think this decade has a lot in store and the fun is only just beginning!



The birthday girls! :) Not too shabby for 30, eh?

makes me think of a band cover shot or something..except for the cheesy grins. we needed emo solemn faces to fully pull it off.

bros for life...for real!

nothing makes a trip to CO right unless you stop at Bode's for a breakfast burrito!!

alberta lift and black diamonds...pshhh, we got you.

4 comments:

Julie said...

love the video! made me laugh... every time someone fell, haha! I don't know why it's so funny. And there were some pretty smooth landings too! :)

ALINNA said...

i love the double !! after everyone's names and the subtle :) after someone would fall. also, that mexican food at the end made me so hungry. looks like fun!

Debbie said...

great post, and video. Though I seem to remember landing at least one jump...haha! I still laugh every time i see the falls, too!

SoccerDave said...

let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the flooooooor! (great video)