Friday, December 24, 2010

Baking at High Elevation

Reeeeally high elevation. I think we are currently at 10,000 feet, climbing ever higher as we fly, yes fly, to Atlanta! Thanks Google Chrome for giving us free internet on our flights until Jan 2nd! Sweet!

The other day I attempted baking for the second time at high elevation. The product? Banana bread. Yum. I've been told by numerous women in the area that you either bake at a hotter temperature or you leave the bread/cake/cupcakes/muffins etc in longer in order to bake thoroughly. Most complained of whatever they baked turning out lop-sided. Well, here's to hoping our banana bread turned out ok! I whipped it out of the oven, let it cool, wrapped it up and threw it in the refrigerator. This morning it was wrapped in tin foil and placed gingerly in Jack's carry on luggage. After watching his carry on bag get crammed into the overhead compartment we'll see how it actually turns out once we touch down in Raleigh! I guess I'll have two excuses if it's not as good as usual, high elevation and carry-on luggage! :)


It's Christmas Eve and we're headed to the East Coast for some fun family and friend time! Looking forward to visiting with anyone we can catch while we're in town. So thankful for the opportunity to come back for a visit! And also, very thankful for Christmas and the reason for our celebrations!! Merry Christmas to all!!! :)

4 comments:

Debbie said...

so???? how'd it turn out? It looks yummy in the pictures!

Becky said...

It turned out GREAT! Woohoo! It got eaten very quickly and J&J took a bunch of it home with them as well. I got text updates of her enjoying it throughout her day :)

Julie said...

Yummy, I still have a few pieces in the freezer. I ate a piece every day last week too!!

Becky said...

Oh man, jealous! That was probably my best bread yet. I should have eaten more while I had the chance! :) Guess we'll have to let some bananas go bad again so I can make more!