Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cool gift!

So my sister and her hubby gave me an early birthday present while we were in NC which was a Garmin Forerunner 110 GPS watch. This thing is cooool! I used it today for my first attempt at exercising in Santa Fe. I decided to try a trail run not too far from the house, on the way to the ski hill. This watch tracked my average pace, my fastest pace, my elevation changes and the route I took! I think it will be fun to see how I improve while living at this high elevation. As for today's exercise...it was a bit disappointing. I had to walk a majority of the route because it was so steep, icy and snowy. Glad I wore my gortex trail running shoes! I've never felt so sick while I was running like I did today, I'm blaming it on altitude sickness :) hehe. Here's to better, faster, longer runs in the future!! :)



(click view details to see more, then hit player to watch the action, hahah, such an awesome watch! Thanks D&B!!)

ps: Here's a view from part of the run. It was pretty nifty up there!

No comments: