Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To my fellow blog readers

Hi everyone!! First of all, thanks for reading! I enjoy posting and I enjoy getting to share what Jack and I are up to out here in NM and every where else we are off to. Also, I LOVE hearing feedback so if you ever want to leave a comment feel free!

I've been speaking with one of the readers of this blog and she introduced a problem to me and I wanted to make sure no one else was having this same issue. She signed up to read this blog using a non-gmail email address (at least I believe that's correct). Upon signing up for blog access she found out she would only have access to read the blog for 30 days. Has anyone else been given this time frame?! If you are a blog author and have a private blog have any of your readers been presented with this problem? Any ideas how to fix it?! Please let me know if 1) you have been told you can only have access to the blog for 30 days (and if so, when you no longer have access let me know and I can send you invite again, assuming that will work and allow you access again) and/or 2) you've ever had readers of your blog encounter this and how you may have resolved the issue.

Thanks so much and happy reading! Love you all, miss you all and look forward to the next time our paths may cross again!!

**update** I have also found out that some people haven't been able to login to read the blog after having been given permission...grr blogger. If this ever happens to you, please email me or fb me and I'll send another invite. Sorry for the mess folks!

6 comments:

Kara @ Just1Step said...

That's really weird Becky. I've never heard of such a thing. Have you tried Googling the issue?

Becky said...

Hey Kara, yeah I have googled it. The forum I found had some answers but they didn't make sense to me and it said the readers would have to create google accounts which I was under the impression they didn't. So, I was hoping someone had dealt with this and might have a clearer answer? I also want to make sure there aren't others out there that got that same message and hadn't told me yet.

Debbie said...

I hate that I put in my email & password and tell it to remember me and it DOESN'T...so i have to log in every time i want to read...that just makes accessing your blog cumbersome...but i do it b/c I love you!

Julie said...

mine said that the authorization had expired and to ask you for another approval. BUT, i just entered my email and password and it worked fine. :)

Tricia F said...

weird. i wonder if it depends on people's different browsers. i have gmail and use blogger, and i just signed in once, so now everytime i click on my 'favorite' link for your site, it always takes me there. i don't have to sign in anymore. i also have a private blog and haven't heard anyone have a problem with it. weird.

Becky said...

Julie, that's good to hear. I wonder why it does that. Maybe I should let Grama Jo know that so she can try that when her's expires. Thanks for sharing that!