Saturday, January 8, 2011

More Snowboarding Adventures

Today we got to enjoy the ski hill for a few hours. This time I took the new GPS watch to track the miles we did and the speed. In hindsight I probably should have given the watch to Jack because he's way faster than me but I guess that will have to wait until next time. We found a fun track down the mountain that we repeated 6 times. Jack never fell after the first time down! WOW! :) I definitely improved each run for which I am thankful. Guess I need to hit up the hill sometime during the week on my own in order to keep up with Jack!




We are so looking forward to visits from friends and family to hang out with us up on the mountain! It sure is a lot of fun!!

Here are a few pictures of us having fun out there.

Jack made it off the ski lift! Check out the name of one of the Black's...Muerte, lovely haha.
 
Looks like a whagonweel! Impressed by how easily those 4 are getting off the lift!

Jack was busy talking with our lift mate, Will, so I snapped a quick pic of myself :)

One day we'll be good enough to maneuver through the aspens!

Pretty view from midway up the ski lift.

Jack at the top of the lift, not the top of the mountain, must get better for that!

Me at the top, this is what you get when there are only 2 of you to take pics!

Sooo pretty!



Driving home! Jack forgot his sunglasses :) Guess these will have to do!

And on a totally random note...yesterday our friends Dave Dixon and Dave Poston came over so that the three guys could work on their cars. Turns out they all needed to replace the thermostat so they decided to do the work in our garage. Poston brought his 8 year old son over to hang out so I ended up getting to entertain him for a while. We played Mario Kart on the Wii, some fun games on Dixon's new XBox Kinect then enjoyed Despicable Me. By then it was past midnight and the poor little guy was pooped and passed out on the couch. Turns out Poston's car took way longer than expected to fix due to some really ornery bolts but the guys finally finished the work by 3:30AM...yes 3:30 after working on it for about 6 hours! SHEW! So after everyone left...this is what Jack was up to at close to 4am:

Vacuuming. That's right! I was so thankful he did that because a lot of stuff got tracked in from the garage and we didn't want it settling in. It was a late night but I think we all had a pretty good time. Jack and I got some sleep and then were raring to get out on the hill. Overall, not a bad last 2 days! :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

woooooow, 4am?! that's crazy. i couldn't stay up that late if my life depended on it...i don't think...but then again, maybe i could? Anyway, i can't wait to come snowboarding!! And i laughed out loud at jack wearing his goggles to drive! i'm sure he got some strange looks!!