Friday, January 7, 2011

What's the biggest headache of traveling?

Airports.

Now don't get me wrong. I actually am someone who LOVES airports (as long as one flight being late doesn't cause me to miss the connecting flight, or my baggage isn't lost, or the airplane isn't too loud, etc) because I LOVE people watching. I mean c'mon, where else can you see people from all over the world converging into one "small" area rushing around like ants before winter in order to catch a flight? You hear so many languages, see soo many styles of dress (some ridiculous, some interesting, some casual, some down right fashionable, but don't look at me...I go for comfort), watch people moving like they're on a human highway. I think it's always fun to watch the frantic passenger sprinting through the terminal, against the flow of traffic like a salmon trying to go upstream to lay it's eggs (that is the salmon, right?)...and I always wonder where everyone is headed. Are they on business? Pleasure? Just leaving for a big trip? On their way home? But I digress.

Most people dislike airports. Long lines, pat downs, x-ray machines, expensive food and drink, pushy passengers...it can definitely become a headache fast. Flying internationally? That just throws more fodder to the wolves...immigration, that can be a nightmare. So are you wondering where I'm going with all of this?

If I ever have to get to travel overseas to the far east...I'm definitely booking my flight to have a nice long lay-over in...SINGAPORE!!! We're talking free Blockbuster movies being played in movie theater sized rooms, a 4-story tall slide (takes 30 seconds to get down it) or not so brave a 1 1/2 story tall slide, a butterfly garden, a pool and hot tub for your leisure, free showers, or how about a bus tour of the city while you wait? That's not all! How about a relaxing nap in a sunflower garden, and if you're feeling antsy go workout at the gym with exercise clothes provided! After a nice workout head on over for a pedicure by flesh eating fish...sounds...interesting. Maybe if airports start taking notes from this place everyone would be a bit happier while traveling and will not crowd the ticket counter the next time they fly trying to be the first person on the plane...or...not. :)

On another note...stay tuned for something exciting I'm about to start (hopefully tonight) and will be posting more on it at a later date (possibly tomorrow!)!!

No comments: