Thursday, April 14, 2011

House Guests

So we had another round of house guests with us last night. Jessica and Kyle B. drove all the way from Atlanta just to stay with us for one night! Isn't that great? Hehe. Ok, so maybe they were on their way to California and we were a nice pit stop along the way. It was fun to have a taste of home here with us. We consider them family but really if we put it all together there's no relation, just my sister-in-law's husband's sister and her husband. Did you follow that? :) They arrived around 9 and we took them up the back hill behind the condo to see the lights of Santa Fe then we stayed up for a few hours chit chatting and catching up. They even came bearing gifts!! Jess is cutely pregnant and looks great, baby's due in August. They left earlier this morning after more chit chatting and some breakfast but it was so nice to have house guests from back east. Like I've said before, we love to have people come visit, even if it is just to pass through so pack your bags and head west young man (or woman) and come give us a visit...free place, free food, who can pass that up?! :)
Lily and Aslan came back home to us. Thanks J&K! :)

Do they know me or what?! This was a thank you gift for letting us stay, AWESOME!

In other news, this past weekend I enjoyed a phenomenal woman's conference at my church led by Priscilla Shirer. It was on the book of Jonah and it rocked my socks (yes I did just use that cheesy phrase). The study was called "Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted." Some points of highlight:
1. The interrupted life is the privileged life.
2. The interrupted life is the significant life.
3. The interrupted life is the cure for the search for significance.
4. The interrupted life is the challenging life.
5. The interrupted life not only looks different it also looks more difficult.
6. The interrupted life is the accountable life.
7. The Holy Spirit's job is to sanctify us.
8. Forgiveness of past sins qualifies us for present service.
9. You get a second chance.
10. You get the presence of God.
11. You get an exceedingly great opportunity.
12. God can redeem the parts of your life you thought were wasted.
13. You get divine anointing.
14. You get supernatural results.
15. Sometimes your greatest message is the mess in your life.

The conference was convicting, challenging, and helped me work through a lot of stuff I've been dealing with due to past sins. I'm very thankful I went and was able to connect with other women from my church. When I got home from the conference on Saturday Jack had surprised me with some beautiful flowers he had bought for me. It was such a nice treat!
They were so pretty :)

I really liked all the colors and how they complimented

Smile Jack :)



And just for laughs, this was Jack's snack that night. Yummy :)

3 comments:

Brian said...

Nice Flowers!! wtg jack and the conference sounds like it was great!

Julie said...

where's the clown face on the ice cream cake? :-P

Jennie said...

Thanks for the update on the conference - and on the picture arrival. Did anything else come with the photos??