Saturday, April 30, 2011

Oh No[se] Jack.

So I was working today, enjoying my calm day in the ICU and a co-worker steps into my room and says, "Hey Becky, when you get a chance, call down to the ER. Katie just called up and said she wanted to talk to you." Unsure of why she would be needing to talk to me I say OK and finish up what I was doing in the room. I come out and sit down, do a little charting and then decide, well I guess I better call and see what Katie wanted. I call downstairs and Katie gets on the phone. "Hey Becky, I just wanted to let you know that....I'm treating your hubby down here. Jack's been brought into the ER via ambulance." UMMMMMM, OK! After finding out what was going on, possible nose fracture and some lacerations that will probably require stitches off I trot to go see for myself. YEP! It's broken alright. After getting to check out his CT scan and seeing that it's actually broken into about 5 pieces (eek) we'll be off to see the ENT on Monday to figure out what to do about getting it straightened. Broken nose #3...possible surgery #2. I think Jack's tired of being so accident prone! Yikes! He ended up with 8 stitches over his nose and toward his right eye (thankful he didn't injure the eye). Please be praying for healing for him and no infection! He's taking some antibiotics and is loading up on some pain medications. He'll be heading out of the country in 3 weeks and then he'll be in a friend's wedding in 4 weeks in Chicago so we're hoping to get any surgery out of the way before he heads to Budapest, Hungary!! And for your viewing pleasure ****somewhat graphic!****

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*








---
A note from Jack:I was playing softball in the outfield and running back for what turned out to be a home-run, thinking I could catch it. I didn't notice this beforehand but the park didn't have a warning track (so I didn't know the fence was coming) and it was chain link, with the top pole lining up to head height, no pad either! It was like the perfect storm for me :-). I ran into the fence before I knew it was there, got some pretty good cuts on the nose along with a crooked, quite broken nose (see attached pics if you'd like, I look rough!) and 8 stitches. Doctor said the nose broke into 4-5 pieces, which I'm wondering if will make it easier to straighten! All in all, it just hurts but really seems all fixable given time. Plus I got told I look tough.

---
And on a side note...a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Julie Galloway Lanford!!! Hope you had a fabulous day, sis-in-love!! :)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

wooooow, glad you'll be alright, jack! still got those pretty eyes :)

Love y'all! hope it heals well and quickly.

ALINNA said...

ok, although of course you know i feel very bad for jack and will be praying that he gets fixed up and out of pain fast, i had to laugh at your blog title. very witty, beck!