Sunday, September 25, 2011

Drrooiiid

So we did it. Jack and I finally broke down and got the new Droid Bionic phones. They have been fun to navigate and play with in the last 2 days we've had them. Sometimes it makes me feel like an old person because at times I feel like it's WAY more high tech than I am BUT thankfully I'm not afraid to play around with it and figure it out.



I have even successfully figured out how to edit my contact information in it after calling a friend of mine early in the morning about 9 times while attempting to correct the spelling of her last name, then finding out she was sleeping and apologizing and telling her to go back to sleep. Whoops! She was a good sport about it and later told me she had finally woken up for the day she got a good laugh out of it. *shakes my head*

Anyways...other than that life has been going really well. I attended an awesome "home-town" women's retreat with my church this weekend called Faithful Abundant True where we watched a 6 session video series by Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and Beth Moore. It.was.FANTASTIC!

Points of interest/learning from it:
  • If we are truly going to trust God we must KNOW God and the only way we can really know God is if we are consistently studying his Word! When we live by every word that comes out of the mouth of God we are enabled to endure the trials we face...but the key is to KNOW His Word! When we know the Word of God we can live with the rest of faith. What's the rest of faith? I'll tell you...The rest of faith is uniting the Word of God with faith for a particular situation. It means cling to the Lord, cling to His Word when difficult times come. KNOW the Word in order to apply it.
  • We must believe that our God is able, able to even surprise us! However, my foundation of who Christ is must be correct and true before I will truly be able to believe and trust that God is able to surprise me. If we don't believe God is able it will alter how we pray and alter the way we lean on Him and trust Him. We must remember that God CAN, however, whether or not God does something is a question of his sovereignty NOT his ability. Our duty is to believe He can and to trust Him in how He responds. And the truth is...God can do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond and even BEYOND beyond what we could ever ask or even imagine! Don't close God into a box.
  • I long to be a godly woman...a woman who pursues God and lives in the Spirit. Any day we just wake up and decide to just live it out we will simply live in the flesh. We will never live a day in the Spirit accidentally. It is an active pursuit.
That's just a quick snippet of all the nuggets that were gleaned. If you ever have a chance to see any of these ladies or participate in one of their studies I highly recommend it.

That's all for now...off to work with the Youth! w00t! :)

No comments: